Monastery of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
The monastery was founded in 1483 on the northern cape of the bay on the edge of the town, and the construction was completed at the end of the 15th century. The defensive wall was built in 1516, and the defense tower in 1599. The building is three-winged with a square cloister, with a church (a single nave with a flat ceiling and a rectangular apse with a cross-ribbed vault) to the east and a tower to the west. The entire complex was built as a fort, but (by deviating from the claustral concept) harmonized with the landscape, which does not impose itself, and represents an ideal example of the construction of large buildings on the cape.
Good to know
After the fire in 1806, it was abandoned (as was the monastery on Daksa, which was bought by the Austrian army in 1872). Today it is in ruins (partly rented), and the church serves as a parish church.